Steel Fixers – London
Project duration: Ongoing
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Job Type: Full time, contract
START DATE: 04/01/2021
There’s no doubt that 2020 has been a very challenging year for everyone. However, we are working in a busy market at the moment and we are always looking for reliable and hardworking candidates.
If you are looking for a new opportunity, UKR is hiring Steel Fixers to work in different projects across London and surrounding area starting from January 2021
- Read and interpret working plans and steel lists for the job
- Set out the work from these instructions
- Make steel bars or mesh the required length by cutting them with bolt cutters, guillotines and power saws
- Assemble the reinforcing bars or mesh by welding, wiring or clipping into predetermined locations within the concrete
- Fabricate steel reinforcement as beams, footing pads or special units
- Join the prefabricated units together for large sections of high rise or civil projects and position the reinforcement ready for concrete pours.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- NVQ Steel Fixing Level 2
- Full PPE (Boots, High Vis & Hard Hat)
- Able to operate in a flexible and adaptable manner and work as part of a team
- Open to attend training programmes to increase individual skills and knowledge
- Any ad-hoc duties that may occur as instructed by the management team or team leader / ganger.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn – Search UK Recruiting Ltd.
UK Recruiting Ltd is a construction recruitment agency operating on behalf of our clients to find suitable candidates for vacancies.
All information provided to us is securely stored on our database to fulfil our legitimate interest in finding you work.
If you are looking for construction work nearby to this project, please give us a call as we may have similar opportunities that are suitable.