5 x Steel Fixers – Birmingham
Project duration: Long term
Rate: Rate is negotiable, depending on experience
Job Type: Full time, ongoing
START DATE: Immediate start
We are looking for 5 x experienced Steel Fixers to start ASAP in a job in Birmingham, UK.
- Read and interpret working plans and steel lists for the job
- Set out the work from these instructions
- Make steel bars or mesh the required length by cutting them with bolt cutters, guillotines and power saws
- Assemble the reinforcing bars or mesh by welding, wiring or clipping into predetermined locations within the concrete
- Fabricate steel reinforcement as beams, footing pads or special units
- Join the prefabricated units together for large sections of high rise or civil projects and position the reinforcement ready for concrete pours.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- NVQ Steel Fixing
- Valid CSCS card
- Full PPE (Boots, High Vis & Hard Hat)
- Able to operate in a flexible and adaptable manner and work as part of a team
- Open to attend training programmes to increase individual skills and knowledge
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn – Search UK Recruiting Ltd.
UK Recruiting Ltd is a construction recruitment agency operating on behalf of our clients to find suitable candidates for vacancies.
All information provided to us is securely stored on our database to fulfil our legitimate interest in finding you work.
If you are looking for construction work nearby to this project, please give us a call as we may have similar opportunities that are suitable.