3x Steel Fixers – Brighton
Project duration: Ongoing
Salary: £20.00 per hour
Job Type: Full time, contract
We are looking for 3x experienced Steel Fixers to start ASAP in a job in Brighton, East Sussex.
- Read and interpret working plans and steel lists for the job
- Set out the work from these instructions
- Make steel bars or mesh the required length by cutting them with bolt cutters, guillotines and power saws
- Assemble the reinforcing bars or mesh by welding, wiring or clipping into predetermined locations within the concrete
- Fabricate steel reinforcement as beams, footing pads or special units
- Join the prefabricated units together for large sections of high rise or civil projects and position the reinforcement ready for concrete pours.
To be successful for this job you must have:
- NVQ Steel Fixing Level 2
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience
- Full PPE (Boots, High Vis & Hard Hat)
- Proof of right to work in UK
- Must have 2 check able references
- 3+ year (required)
- Able to operate in a flexible and adaptable manner and work as part of a team
- Open to attend training programmes to increase individual skills and knowledge
- Any ad-hoc duties that may occur as instructed by the management team or team leader / ganger.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn – Search UK Recruiting Ltd.
UK Recruiting Ltd is a construction recruitment agency operating on behalf of our clients to find suitable candidates for vacancies.