2x Steel Fixers – Maidenhead
Project duration: Ongoing
Salary: £20 to £21 per hour, depending on experience
Job Type: Full time, contract
We are looking for 2x experienced Steel Fixers to start ASAP in a job in Maidenhead, Berkshire.
- Read and interpret working plans and steel lists for the job
- Set out the work from these instructions
- Make steel bars or mesh the required length by cutting them with bolt cutters, guillotines and power saws
- Assemble the reinforcing bars or mesh by welding, wiring or clipping into predetermined locations within the concrete
- Fabricate steel reinforcement as beams, footing pads or special units
- Join the prefabricated units together for large sections of high rise or civil projects and position the reinforcement ready for concrete pours
- Fitting spacers and ‘chairs’ (supports)
- Fixing the wooden formwork and shuttering used to hold setting concrete in place
- Adhering to Health and Safety Regulations at all times
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Blue CSCS card
- Ability to read drawings
- First Aid
- Full PPE (Boots, High Vis & Hard Hat)
- Experience of working with mesh and rebar steel
- Able to operate in a flexible and adaptable manner and work as part of a team
- Any ad-hoc duties that may occur as instructed by the management team or team leader / ganger.
- Steel Fixer: 5+ year (required)
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn – Search UK Recruiting Ltd.
UK Recruiting Ltd is a construction recruitment agency operating on behalf of our clients to find suitable candidates for vacancies.